Are you looking for a new car seat, or maybe your first car seat? Finding the right car seat for your family can be a hard decision to make. There are so many car seats out there by many makers. You definitely want to find one that you will be comfortable with your baby sitting in while you travel.
When I was choosing a car seat for my son, I looked at a lot of different brands and options. I had no idea where to start and it was a bit overwhelming. I read so many reviews and finally chose a Graco. Since the first Graco car seat I bought, I haven’t looked at any other brands.
Now, this was my personal preference based off reading reviews and experiencing the actual car seat. I recommend going with Graco and I will tell you why below. There are different sections depending on what you are looking for. All of these car seats have been crash tested to meet or exceed U.S safety standards.
Here you will some lower cost Graco car seats. If you cannot or choose not to spend a lot of money on a car seat, but still want one that will be good quality and safe for you child, here is a few to consider.
The TurboBooster is a high back booster seat. This will be more for big kids. The weight range on this car seat is 30 to 100 pounds. This car seat is good for 10 years. Graco recommend you replace this car seat after 10 years. Below are some specifics about this booster seat. This car seat is around $50.00 on amazon.com.
- High back that stays connected to the bottom. These are also detachable for using the bottom portion only.
- As stated above, the weight range for this seat is 30-100 pounds.
- Hidden cup holders. The cup holders slide out of the bottom of the seat. There is one on each side.
- The headrest is adjustable allowing the seat to grow with your little on.
- This seat is fully padded with multiple layers on the headrest as well as padded armrests.
- The padding is easily removable and machine washable for any spills.
This is a rear-facing car seat for babies. The base is included for installing in the vehicle. Here are some specs for this seat. The price ranges from $76.00 – $110.00 on amazon.com.
- The click connect provides fast and easy connection to the base and for the click connect strollers with just one step.
- The weight limit for this rear-facing car seat is 4-30 pounds.
- Removable newborn head support cushion.
- Lightweight, making it easy for carrying.
Comfort Sport Convertible Car Seat
The Comfort Sport Convertible is a rear facing and front facing car seat. I like these because you won’t have to buy a new car seat when going from baby to toddler. I had used this car seat with my son and loved it. This seat is around $89.00.
- Rear-facing for infants weighing 5 – 30 pounds and front facing for toddlers 20 – 40 pounds.
- A removable head cushion that will be comfy for baby.
- Machine washable material.
- Attached cup holder.
Best Rear Facing Car Seats
If you’re looking for the best Graco car seats that are rear facing, these would be the options to look at. These car seats have the best ratings and reviews for this category. These rear-facing car seats are very similar. These are the overall best-rated rear facing from Graco.
SnugRide Click Connect 30 LX
- 8 position adjustable base. This makes it easy for the car seat to grow as your baby grows longer.
- Secure attachment to bases and strollers with one step.
- Removable head and body support cushion.
- Rotating canopy for shade.
- People say the straps are easy to adjust and the fabric is easily removed and washed.
SnugRide SnugLock 35
- One hand adjustable handle for easily removing from the car.
- Level indicator so you know it is installed properly.
- Washable materials.
- Easy to adjust front straps.
Check it out here.
Best Booster Seats
Don’t need another rear facing? Check out these booster seats. I have always kept an extra booster seat. You never know when you will need one for a relative’s car.
HighBack TurboBooster with Safety Surround
- Adjustable head and armrests.
- More side protection, as the sides come out farther which provides more safety.
- Top rated in consumer magazines.
- Machine washable material
- Belt guides to help position the seat belt so it fits properly over the shoulder.
The Atlas 65 is a 2-in-1 booster with a harness. This booster seat can be installed into the car with the seat belt and use straps for buckling in your little one. This converts into a high back booster.
- Adjustable headrest and harness.
- Cup holders on each side.
- Converts to a high back booster.
- Belt guide for positioning the seat belt once converted to a high back.
Best Convertible Car Seats
If you’re looking for a car seat that will grow with your little one, take a look at the car seats below with the best rating. These car seats have great reviews from parents that have used them.
- Rear-facing up to 40 pounds.
- Front facing harnessed up to 65 pounds.
- Level indicator to show when it is installed properly.
- Removable and washable material.
- Cup holders on both sides.
Check it out here.
You can find this car seat on amazon.com.
- Fits from 4 to 120 pounds.
- Reclining in 6 positions to accommodate growing and comfort.
- 10 position headrest.
- Converts from rear facing to front facing harness to high back booster to a backless booster.
- You can use this car seat for 10 years.
What Works Best for Your Needs
Choosing the right car seat is a decision that ultimately is up to you as the parent. I always like reading reviews because that is where people are honest about their own experience. I haven’t gone wrong with a Graco car seat. These are some best that I think will be a good fit depending on the kind of car seat you are looking for.
Don’t forget, this decision is yours to make. Take your time and find one that you feel comfortable and safe with. One that you think will work best for transporting your little one.
Thank you for reading. I hope I was able to help. If you have any comments or questions, please leave them below.